People have strong opinions about Valentine’s Day, so The Pine Needle sampled the mood in Central’s hallways.
Galentines or Valentines?
- Addison: Valentines
- Morgan: Galentines
Best romantic movie
- Brailin: The Notebook
- Ronan: The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Claudia (security): The Last Boy Scout
- Doug (security): My wife would probably say Beauty and the Beast
What’s your opinion about people making out in the hallways?
- Kelsi: It’s disgusting.
- Ryle: Do what they gotta do.
- Morgan: Gross.
- Ronan: Find a room.
- Abby: So gross, I think it’s in front of the English department.
- David: I like them. It’s nice to see them happy with someone else.
- Vivienne: Some PDA is okay, but there’s certain points where I draw the line, like making out and stuff.
- Riley: Lysol spray, to spray the leeches. I was going to US history and there was a couple making out in the middle of the hallway–I ran into them and they never separated.
What is your favorite Valentine’s candy?
- Claire: Chocolate hearts filled with stuff
- Ben: Truffles
- Vivienne: Sour worms
- Harlie: chocolate
- Mandy Hennies: I don’t like candy.
- Abby: The heart-shaped chocolates
Opinions on Valentine’s Day?
- Harlie: It’s overrated. We have to buy a lot of stuff like it’s his birthday.
- Melissa: I think it’s a made-up holiday to spend money.
- Vivienne: I think it’s cool. You get gifts.
- Claire: I feel like it’s very capitalistic and makes single people feel sad.
- Jonathan: It’s my second favorite holiday.
- Abby: I think it is funny that high schoolers think their relationships are going to last.
Photo: Hearts Galore! by Caro Wallis on Flickr